Dignity4You washable adult flannelette nappy is made in South Africa from 100% Cotton.
- The Dignity4you washable adult flannelette nappy is washable up to 200 times and can be tumble dried at full heat.
- The washable adult flannelette nappy can be size adjusted with Velcro size adjusters to fit the exact size off the patient.
- The washable adult flannelette nappy fold over parts are provided with an extra fold-back strip to secure the Velcro hook strip during washing. This prevents the Velcro hook strip from hooking and damaging other washing.
- The Dignity4You washable adult flannelette nappy is ideal for night use or people suffering from heavy incontinence and must be used with Dignity4You adult waterproof pants.
- The washable adult flannelette nappy can absorb up to 400 ml of liquid and this can be increased to 700 ml if worn together with a Large Dignity4you booster pad.
If you want to place a bulk order please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and delivery details.
Fitting the washable flannelette adult nappy
- The can be fitted and removed easily when needed, but weakened patients may need a care giver to assist them.
- If an additional booster pad is required it can be placed inside the washable adult flannelette nappy in a comfortable position according to the need.
Washable flannelette adult nappy fit
- The underwear if bought in the correct size according to the size charts provided will be snug and comfortable and the fabric is breathable All material is skin friendly.
Removal of the washable flannelette adult nappy
- To change and or remove the underwear is very easy as it can be removed by unfastening the Velcro fasteners in the front.
Washing the washable flannelette adult nappy after wearing/usage
- THE WASHABLE ADULT FLANNELETTE NAPPY CAN BE WASHED IN A NORMAL WASHING MACHINE AT 40 deg C AND CAN BE TUMBLE DRIED AT HIGH HEAT.
- All garments should preferably be hung out to airdry as this will increase the lifespan of the garment. Be aware that it takes 4 to 6 hours to airdry because of the thickness of the multi layer flannelette.
- The garment handwash easily.
Living with Incontinence
- It is a medical condition more widespread than people would like to admit, and at the same time one of the least likely topics to discuss.
- If we get down to basics, our bladder is designed to store the urine that is continually produced by the kidneys until it is convenient to urinate, but when any part of the urinary system malfunctions, incontinence results.
- According to WHO reports, a quarter of the world’s population (15 % female and 10% male) suffers from incontinence. Research shows that almost 50% of elderly people suffer from incontinence of which the largest portion are elderly woman.
- The majority of people living with incontinence do not tell anyone about it, often not even their own doctor and especially not their friends. Family members are most likely to bring up the subject because they are directly exposed to it. It is not easy to be odour free when you have incontinence and most often the person will not realize the odour as our sense of smell will adapt to it. To top it all our sense of smell decreases with age, aggravated by chronic illnesses.
- It is very embarrassing if someone else brings up the topic of odour and this can cause a great deal of emotional stress and embarrassment. Most people affected by loss of bladder control separate themselves for fear of humiliation and loss of dignity. Young and older adults who suffer from incontinence often find employment impossible.